Thursday, January 17, 2013

Selvages are fun!

 


I first got intrigued by selvages upon seeing a woman wearing a great skirt made from selvages at Quilt Market! After that I started collecting my selvages & my friends started giving me  their selvages and next thing I knew...I had a mountain of selvages to work from! I started small, making a potholder or two, then Sandy Thompson wrote a great book, called Save the Selvages! Ooh, now lots of great ideas! Last Saturday was our January Demo Day at the shop & I needed something to demo! I had stumbled upon this great selvage project & quickly got to work! Click here for a tutorial on how to make this project at The Busy Beans blog. The pillow cover is about 20" x 20" and really turned out to be a fun project!


Selvage Star Pillow




No comments: